Re: [IP] Kidney Problems

I Katie -- I've had protein in my urine now for 15 years.  It has decreased in
the last 10 and pretty much stabalized.  Basically, if you are in lousy control
and do nothing about control or the protein, you might be an extreme case and
loose your kidneys in as little as 5 or so years.  But, if you are in good
control and taking meds, the chances are you can go at least 20 years.  I don't
think there is a time limit any longer since they now know that Kidney failure
doesn't closely follow but the number of people who have gone longer than 30 or
more years is still small since those meds and tight control have only been
around for barely that long.  In other words, it is quite possible you may never
have kidney failure.  It isn't a set amount of time and there are many other
factors involved as well.  Not a death or dialysis sentence though.