[IP] About Sites Lasting

I've been a member of insulin pumpers for 3-4 years. But I haven't read any
of the mail for about a year so if this has been covered and recovered,

I've been pumping for 4-5 years. My first year using humalog, I had no site
problems but I kept reading about problems people were having. Some started
to mix 1/3 Velosulin with 2/3 humalog. At the end of my 1st year I started
having some irratation at my sites much sooner than before. At times I would
have a site stop absorbing all together very suddenly. It often followed a
fairly large bolus. Gradually, I had to change sites almost daily. I talked
with my endo about mixing. She said she could see no value but could see no
harm. I gave it a try. For the last 3 years I have used the mix and my sites
last 4 - 5 days. They would probably go longer but that's when I change.

As always YMMV (Your milage may vary)