[IP] preventing site infections

Marilyn wrote:
My husband suggested there
might be some preventive strategies to try when removing the sites.
Didn't see any mention of this. Does anyone do anything special when
removing the previous site?
I usually just wash it off.  I usually change my site before a shower so
that does the trick. You could always put some Neosporin on it or another
ointment to fight infections.  If this is your first one then you probably
don't have a big problem with site infections,neither do I.
If the site is red or itchy or you can really see the hole, (swollen) thats
when I use the Neosporin and Band-Aid.
Just my 2 cents
Melissa and pumpy