[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V4 #367

Currently, my work provides insurance through CIGNA.  They cover all
diabetic supplies (test strips, ketone strips, insulin, all pump supplies,
bg machine, etc.) with only a $7 copay.  I had assumed that this was
extremely rare.  Is this true?

Yes, Chris, I think that is rare. I used to have insurance that paid very well on
prescriptions, but would not cover strips.  Don't ask me why.  And the deductible for office
visits was $350 per year, so I couldn't really afford to go to the doctor for a while there.
Then I started a new job with much better insurance. Now I have MedBen through Western
Kentucky University.  I have a $10 copay on office visits with no deductible, a $10 copay on
all prescriptions with no deductible (including testing strips), and they paid 90% on my
I am much happier with my new insurance.  It's the reason I won't switch jobs.

Sherry in KY, loving having insurance