[IP] Thyroid antibody & "normal" thryoid levels

In a message dated 7/26/2000 7:02:28 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

 For those of you on the list that have also been graced with hypothyroidism
 after being diagnosed with diabetes, did you have any trouble regulating
 you bgs before diagnosis of the hypothyroidism.   Yes Ruth, I'm still trying
 to get someone to diagnosis me.  I'm beginning to think I'm just plain
 crazy.  All of the symptoms that have been named in the past month, I
 have'em, but my labs keep coming back normal. Arrgh!!!!

Dear Sheila,

I agree with Ginny about getting checked for the thyroid antibody.  That is
how my Endo. knew to keep a watch on my thyroid hormone levels.   My throid
lab levels have never been out of the "normal" range, but because of the
"raging antibody" (as my Dr. called it) in my blood stream he suspected my
symptoms to be related to hypothyroidism.  He started me on low dose
synthroid in May and most of the symptoms have eased up....most noticeable is
my menstrual cycles are back on course.  I had thought I was having pre
menopausal  symptoms and had begun to take a prescription dose of
progesterone which caused my blood glucose numbers to really increase.  But
now that I'm taking synthroid I no longer need progesterone to stop mid cycle

Liz Yost