Re: [IP] Re:Prednisone & Aygestin

In a message dated 7/26/00 11:27:12 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< Also Aygestin is a "form=chemically altered" of progesterone which is
 the female hormone responsible for inducing menstrual periods.  I would be
 prepared for increased blood sugars similar to just before a period, then
 just test your blood sugar to see what happens.  The same medicine in
 Aygestin is found in birth control pills, but at a lower dosage, (generic
 name -norethindrone). >>

Anne and the others that responded,

Thank you so much.  Yes, my bgs are running higher today after two doses of
the Aygestin.  Not real awful, woke up with a 200, got back down for
breakfast, then came in at 135 at lunch, when usually hit about 80.  So I
think with some tweeking I'll be fine.  I only have to do it for a month or
two.  Just really made me scared to take it when the label said, "can change
your blood sugars", but didn't say up or down, which is really important to

Thanks guys,