[IP] Separate sills and tubings

Bonnie got a response to the stuff we sent to MiniMed They sent back a
My response is #1 - What are the Regulatory Issues??
#2 I have been using the MMM 372 combo pack since it came out (several years
#3 My personal feeling is that customers (us) should be trusted to purchase
sites (cannulas) and tubing separately.  He makes it sound like someone has
to make a decision for us on what is best for our bodies.   I believe that
each and every one of us pumpers are capable of making the right decision
about how and when to change sites, like we really want those bad sites and

Probably there is some Federal regulation which requires the sets to be
packed so that the tunings are changed often. Maybe Jim H. knows the answer
There is tremendous anxiety among the Feds that people don't know what to do
unless they tell them everything. And I guess if your intelligence is low,
you don't. but you need some degree of intelligence to use the pump. In
short the FDA doesn't think we can make that decision. Since they don't
pump, they don't know. Just look at the labeling on stuff like magic glue.
We use that stuff (Sterile variety, packed in Japan to repair aneurysms
inside the skull) Or the nylon wire ties which orthopedic surgeons put
around fractures to hold the pieces together (They are all labeled not for
internal use). They are probably not allowed to sell the sils separately but
I think they should. Sometimes they make good decisions but sometimes they
are just following some internal pathway for doing stuff.