RE: [IP] Type 2's & insulin - Jan

I'm getting in on this thread kind of late. What is your mother's HBA1C?
Have you tried what I call the "face reality" approach, i.e. "Yes, I know
that a strict diet, these medications, etc. should work, but in fact they
are not. Could we please try insulin? If it works then so much the better,
if it does not she could try different pills." If the doctor is reasonable
at all he might respond to this approach.