RE: [IP] Hep. B Immunization Help?

Nita H. [mailto:email @ redacted] wrote:

> Quick question for anyone who might be able to help...
> Jessica is due for
> her Hepatitis B Immunization and we are getting it Saturday.
> She has never
> had it and I need to know what, if any, side efects to her
> Blood sugar we
> might face.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Since all immunizations cause a mini-infection, there might be a slight
increase in blood sugar, which can, of course, be controlled by adjusting
one's insulin dosage.  I doubt that it would be sufficient to contraindicate
having the vaccination.  As with most immunizations, the benefits far
outweigh the risks.

For more information about hepatitis B (HBV) immunization, click on
http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/diseases/hepatitis/b/index.htm.  There are several
other web sites that have information about hepatitis B and a web search (I
use Google <http://www.google.com>) on hepatitis b should be productive.

Jim Handsfield
mailto:email @ redacted OR
mailto:email @ redacted