Re: [IP] Newbie Questions-Help!

email @ redacted writes:

<< Yesterday before dinner checked her bg, was 190, 4 hours later,
 (12:00 p.m.) 348! Decided to give a bolus of 3.0 units and check her during
 the night. At 2:00 p.m. was 163, and at 5:00 p.m. 223, at 9:00 am 318! Gave
 injections on the arm and am going to change her set which was due for
 changing today. Do you think her site went wrong. I use sofset micros. Also,
 how do you use the IV300 tape that came with my supplies >>
My 13 year old son has been pumping for 3 weeks.  The IV3000 tape, according
to our pump educator covers the insertion site.  However, it wasn't sticking
when my son was exercising so, thanks to this site, he first puts down the
IV3000 tape, inserts through the hole, then covers with the other tape that
comes with the sofsets.  As far as the high sugars, have you been checking
periodically at night?  If this is your daughter's pattern she may need a
different basal rate for the dawn phenomenon.  Also don't forget that she
could go high depending when and what she ate for dinner.