[IP] ignoring Type II diabetes

I have a friend/acquaintance who was dx'd with Type II 4 years ago after an
eye exam revealed diabetic retinopathy.  She was checked by a family
physician who told her she was a Type II diabetic, but she did not return to
the Dr. and has refused to admit she has a problem.  Her brother (age 41) is
now in a wheel chair due to
neuropathy..he too has ingnored his Type II diabetes.  She has a long history
of type II in her family.  She tells me she's "fine....feels okay,....doesn't
have diabetes, etc."  I've tried to get her to let me check her blood glucose
but she says she doesn't need to.    She dismisses my concerns.  I've pretty
much given up at this point, because she seems to get annoyed with me about
She's 43 with a long awaited newly adopted daughter who is now 2 years old.
What can ya do with people like this?  I've even spoken with her husband
about it, but he says he can't do anything with her.

dx'd Type I 1993
MM pump since 11/99