RE: [IP] Mixing Allergy Meds & Diabetes?

Title: RE: [IP] Mixing Allergy Meds & Diabetes?

If this comes with HTML I am sorry, trying to fix that.

When I had a severe allergic reaction to sulfites, I was put on Prednisone (I was already taking Zyrtec).
Prednisone is an anti-inflammatory drug and not an allergy med.  Allergy meds are normally pretty harmless to bgs.  Or at least for me they have been.  The allergies themselves are another story.  Prednisone is a very strong steroid (I believe) that brings down swelling and the reaction to the allergy. This will cause your bgs most likely to run very high.

-- Sherry