[IP] Re: Sof-Serter

Recently John wrote about the Sof-Serter, and how unexpectedly easy it was.
I agree: for those of us who want to close our eyes and get it over with,
the S-S works great. And I still think making it as painless as it is has to
be at least 30% magic, not technology.

However, John also mentioned:

> The CDE (certified diabetic educator) who taught me to use the MM508 said
> to find a place to "pinch an inch" of flesh to stick the infusion set
> into.

I've heard this is actually not a good idea. The needle can go in at an
angle this way, resulting in a bent cannula and the associated problems. I
pinched for injections, but don't for infusion-set insertions. Anyone else
wanna pipe in here?

Keith Johnson
Fleischmann Planetarium
email @ redacted
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."