Re: [IP] Re:Cold all the time.

My son Andrew, 4 yrs old has a hyperthyroid.  He went undxd for about a
year and was dxd at about 2.   So being only 14 mos and dxd at that age
with diabetes the uncontrollable bgs were being attributed to his
diabetes when in fact it was mostly because he had a hyperthyroid.  Once
it was treated his bgs came back into line. He grew very fast for his
age.  At 2 he was 42 inches tall.  He is now 4 and is 43 inches and 42
lbs.   He still has restless nights and is always hot.  He is very thin
and infact has not gained any weight in 2 years.
I am told that it is very rare for a male to have hyper - most people
have hypo - to get it under the age of 2 is almost non-existant for
boys.
We are now reducing Andrew's synthroid and tapzole and are going to wean
him off it within 6 weeks to see if he still needs the meds.  My endo
says that because there is very little to no reseacher on boys his age
with hyper, (we are doing trial and error) to see if he can come off the
meds.  He may not require anything for a short time, or years - who
knows.  But it will probably resurface at sometime in the future.
Lisa