[IP] Re: Sof-serter

Having used syringes for several years, I was surprised at how easy the
Sof-serter was to use.  The cannula seems much bigger than the 27 gauge
needles.

The startling thing is the "whump" the Sof-serter makes when it plunges
the cannula into you.  Not at all like the sssslllloooowwwww sticking of
the syringe.  Forgot one time what I was doing and pulled the cannula
right back out with the Sof-serter.

The CDE (certified diabetic educator) who taught me to use the MM508 said
to find a place to "pinch an inch" of flesh to stick the infusion set
into.  No bruises so far.

The pump seems to be helping to maintain my bG numbers closer to a
satisfying average.  Before, on MDI (or MI), my A1c's were good, but the
highs and especially the lows were unnerving.
John

. . .