Re: Re: [IP] Hgb. A1C

Tim, relative to the Pink Panther book saying that HA1c's are not averages
but rather just a record of highs, the website you cited said " To represent
the "average blood sugar," the sugar molecule would also have to detach from
the protein when the blood sugar is low."  Well, I think there may be a
logical fallacy there.  We are talking about deviation from normal
glycosalation, a process that occurs to some degree even with normal blood
sugars.  With low blood sugars, the process occurs less, with high blood
sugars it occurs more.  No detachment is necessary for the low blood sugar to
have an effect.

Linda Z