Subject: [IP] golf

Hi Marilyn,
Jenna doesn't golf, but I have noticed that when we try to decrease her
basal rates for extra activity, it's a fine line between not getting
hypoglycemic from the activity, and having enough insulin to keep out of
trouble.  For whatever reason, we have found that 70% is as low as Jenna can
go.  If she tries a temp basal rate less than 70% (and I mean, even like
60%), then she ends up feeling cruddy with a blood sugar in the 300's.  And
yet, Michael often writes that with activity, his daughter Lilly can detach
the pump for hours at a time!  So, I suspect everyone is different.
Delaine, are you reading?  Any comments here?

Nancy Morgan