Re: Re: [IP] Re: A1C

Sammi wrote:

"From what I've been given to understand, the A1c provides an overall
average...kind of like a batting average over a period of about three
months, that includes all levels of high & low that have been experienced."

This is correct.  Perhaps even more important, it is the HbA1c that is the prognosticator of complications and clinical indicator of control.  The daily readings we take on our meters are useful to detect trends, estimate bolus needs, and make adjustments as necessary, but are not really useful for diagnostic or prognostic purposes because of their limited accuracy and precision.

Jim Handsfield