Re: [IP] Re: A1C

> Based on what I've read and heard, I thought the A1C indicated
> how often the blood sugars have been high, not an average of the
> bg's.

>From what I've been given to understand, the A1c provides an overall
average...kind of like a batting average over a period of about three
months, that includes all levels of high & low that have been experienced.
That's why I think some people have reassured others (& parents) on here who
were worried that their HbA1c had gone up instead of down at first, once
pumping was started...the reason for that rise could very likely be the
decrease in lows that had previously been a common occurance for them on
MDI.  I know that my endo told me that it was very likely my A1c would go up
a bit at first, for that reason.