[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V4 #359

In a message dated 7/23/00 8:51:34 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< Rhonda McClary
 33 yo diagnosed in 1979 - Type I
 Not on pump yet.  I need all information I can get (Positive and Negative)
 Please share your story with me.
 Also, I am concerned about what my new husband's true feelings will be about
 me being attached to something all the time.  He says it sounds great to
 especially since he experiences all of my low blood sugars with me during
 night.  However,  I still feel like he may be unsure too! If anyone has had
 this concern as well, please enlighten me.  My last low blood sugar episode
 was quite funny!

my husband i do believe is very satisfied with the pump taking over..i rarely
have the nighttime lows ..had them alot before and i have to say he was great
at kicking me out of bed to test and eat..:( and as far as me being attached
.....yes..  i had a hard time dealing with it at first..seriosly the pump
felt like a 10 pound brick and the tubing like a garden hose...but i got used
to it eventually and now it is just a part of ME.unnoticed for the most part.