Re: [IP] HbA1c and humalog

Beth,

Looks like he had the right amount of insulin and the wrong timing.  But,
sometimes you just let it be since you know it will come down.  Or, take the
bolus 45 min before the poptart.    Poptarts are very very fast -- high glycemic
index and not much digestion required.  Humalog acts in 15 minutes but doesn't
peak for over an hour and his total dose probably equaled what he took.  If he
peaked at an hour and a half, his post meal bg at an hour and a half might be
150 which is pretty good