[IP] Re: A1C

Based on what I've read and heard, I thought the A1C indicated
how often the blood sugars have been high, not an average of the

Sammi said:
The thing to be aware of (you may already know this...but I
didn't, when we first started tracking mine) is that that number
is NOT a good indicator of what is happening if you've got a lot
of lows...because it is an average.  If you have a good average,
& you are dealing with a great many lows, then an equal number of
highs (which you may or may not be aware of, depending on when
they are occuring) are also necessary to create that good

Take care, Kerri, alulitsuti (mother of many children)
"I have been to the end of the earth. I have been to the end of
the waters. I have been to the end of the sky. I have been to the
end of the mountains. I have found none that are not my friends."
Navajo proverb