[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V4 #358 D camp discussion con't

Thanks Rev. Randall Winchester for your support in the diabetes camp matter.
I whole-heartedly agree that it is quite dangerous at this particular camp
for ALL children with diabetes.  You are so right...if there is a medical
professional working with the diabetes community, at least some pump
knowledge is essential.  My husband & I are both health care providers and
could not agree with you more about having little patience for those of us
who are far behind in current standards of practice!

>>RE: educate, Negotiate, legislate
To: Jim H.
I must disagree here..as soon as my son was refused entry, I believe "good
relationships" had already failed.  A diabetes camp nurse,RN, who has no
knowledge of an insulin pump???  Sounds strange at best.  My issue is if she
is unfamiliar with an insulin pump, yes..I would love to see her & every
other health care provider educated on such but, I remain...what is she doing
at a camp for ALL children with diabetes?