[IP] cobra insurance

Anybody out there familiar with Cobra?  I will be 23 in October so my
insurance coverage under my mom's Cigna policy will be canceled.  Mom says
she has checked and I can get Cobra for 18 months regardless of whether or
not I live with her (I do now but plan to move out), am a student, or how
much I make.  Now, the IRS and most other people would say if I work full
time and am not a student and do not live here I am not a dependent, but
she says I still get Cobra.  She called Cigna and the school board people
and everything.  In my opinion it sounds too good to be true.  Any input
would be appreciated.