Re: [IP] A question about abbreviations.

I have an insurance question for people.  I have just rejoined as an active
member of IP, after leaving about 1 1/2 years ago because of a move.  It
turned out after I moved my husband immediately told me he wanted a divorce.
This past year and a half have been horrible, with blood sugars to show for
it.  I am preparing for the divorce trial, and trying to prove that I need
permanent support from my ex husband of 24 years.  I am terribly worried
about getting insurance coverage after the Cobra runs out (3 years.)  I do
not think I can maintain a full-time job with all the health problems I have.
 Part-time jobs rarely provide insurance benefits.  Is it even possible to
get insurance through private sources that will cover my needs?  Any
suggestions where to begin the search?
Beth Smith