[IP] Re: cold all the time

Hi Sherree.  Have you had a thyroid test lately?  This being cold thing
happens to me periodically too, despite living in almost-tropical southern
Louisiana.  As a matter of fact these spells began when I moved here from
Chicago--weird.  But I have hypothyroid stuff in my family and am flirting
with it now myself--actually going a little hyper just now but my doc says
that's a prelude to hypo- in my case, and I have a goiter (not big, can't see
it, but the doc says it's palpable--I dunno, feels the same to me, but I
never spent much time feeling my thyroid gland . . .)  But he says the cold
spells I have are probably related to the thyroid problem, which as we all
know is common in folks w/diabetes.  I get thyroid hormone levels checked
twice a year now, waiting for the shoe to drop.
Would one of the docs here care to comment?  I'd be interested in hearing
about how fluctuating thyroid levels might be implicated in fluctuating BGs
especially.  If not here, can anyone refer me to a source to read about this?

Thanks, and good luck Sherree,