Re: [IP] Can you believe this!! - pumper turned away from D camp

Rev. Randall Winchester <email @ redacted> wrote:

> A lawsuit (or at least mention of it) plus some efforts to contact the
> responsible parties in the Lion's club  might be worthwhile.

IIRC, the ADA suggests Educate, Negotiate, Legislate, Litigate.  We are so quick in American Society to want to go straight to litigation.  Litigation should almost *always* be considered last resort, not first, because it means that all other attempts at relief through normal and good relationships has failed.

While I agree that to refuse a kid who wears a pump admission to a diabetes camp is beyond belief, an understanding that being unfamiliar with something generally carries with it some fear of that thing.  I is more effective to have that understanding and to approach the people involved.  We will win more support and turn around more grievances by making friends than by making enemies.  To paraphrase from something else I'm involved in: make a friend; be a friend; teach your friend about CCSI.

Jim Handsfield
mailto:email @ redacted

The opinions expressed are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of my wife who runs this house and makes more important decisions than I do.