[IP] "Diabetic Hypoglycemia: A "Disability" or Not?"

Greetings all:
    My dear cyberpal Ellen forwarded this article  <A
15500&Channel=8">CBSHealthWatch- Library</A>
&Channel=8) to me from the CBS Healthwatch by Medscape. I've read it twice &
decided to post it here because I found it to be a credible substantiation of
the POTENTIAL for grave consequences, if hypoglycemia is cavalierly dismissed
by those "not in the know". It also underscores the WIDE variation in
reactions, and explains feasible treatment options. Since we
diabetes-advocates battle endlessly against those whose "great aunt Sadie had
a touch of the sugar",( hence making them experts on our loved ones' chronic
condition), this may be worthwhile to print out & save for those skeptical
school teachers, nurses, co-workers, etc.  My point is NOT to engender debate
over the word "disabled", but rather to offer yet another resource as we
continue our ever-steeper uphill battle against those who are understandably
"clueless" about diabetes' "real-deal"!!

Regards, Renee B. (Melissa's pump-mom/advocate)