Re: [IP] Re: New drug to help diabetics..??

Ginny & Trish,

The drug is NOT a sulfite.  The article mentions sulfites being used in
food processing - but that's where sulfites end.  The drug is ALT-711,
being developed by Alteon.  BTW, the drug is a relative of thiamine, sorta
kinda, but with some significant structural differences.

http://www.alteonpharma.com

Just thought I'd try to get that straight before too many people run with
wrong info.   Threads get sidetracked too easily on misinformation.  :)

FYI,

Kevin

> Ginny said:
>
> Sulfites occur in wine..hot dogs etc..but I am allergic (very) to sulfites.
> Just as I am allergic to Humulog because of the phenol they use to preserve
> it.
SNIP
SNIP

--