[IP] Cory and the pump

Oh boy oh boy -- I am soooo excited!  Cory's doctor has said YES to the pump!
 Shall I cry or laugh?  This is such an emotional issue.  It's been a real
battle and so many times I have felt so defeated.  Many of you have posted
and privately mailed your support and that has meant an awful lot to me.  We
are still just in the beginning stages so I know the war isn't over but at
least this first battle has been won!  We go for a pump class on August 6th.
Cory's A1c was 6.8.  He always has good ones, but yet he has all those wide
swings in his control.  Currently, the night time lows have become a super
struggle.  We've reduced the insulin by 2 units yet he is eating way too much
food from 9 pm until 2 or 3 am.  He can have a bacon sandwhich, peanut butter
and jelly sandwhich, etc. about 3 times (9 pm, 11 pm and again in the wee
hours of the monring) and still wake up low the next morning.  At other times
he might eat less food and wake up high the next morning.  I guess little boy
hormones are playing games with us!  I don't know that the pump will prevent
all the problems we've had but at least the highs will be easier to "fix" and
hopefully we won't have to deal with peaks like we do with the NPH.  At least
we are ready to give this a try.
Thanks one and all for all the support and I know you understand exactly how
I feel right now,
Grand-mom to Cory
age 10 ~ dx'd 12/28/98