[IP] Can you believe this!! - pumper turned away from D camp

Just received this from a friend with a five year old who just started
pumping a few weeks ago......UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!!

Well Steve, if you think your ice king issue was large.....listen to

Jake, Peter & I went to orientation for a diabetes camp that Jake
would be attending on Mon.  It is run by the Lion's club & held at
Friends Academy in Locust Valley (long island, NY).  The
orientation was going great until the "Nurse" started telling us
about how to send the syringes, etc.  At that point, I asked her if
there were any other kids who would be attending on the pump.
She looked at me as if she were really seeing Jimmy Hoffa!!  She
said in a shaking voice "oh no, I don't do pumps"  I actually thought
she was kidding.  Well, unfortunately, she was not kidding.
Hmmm...what a story that would be...a diabetes camp which does
not take children with diabetes.  Do you think this is an issue for
JDF to address?  My son and one other boy who is 10 left there
feeling quite badly!  They were the only 2 pumpers in the group.
Jake was supposed to start camp on Monday...I guess not! Peter
is at this moment on the phone with my brother the lawyer....I am
trying to calm him down once again!!! If you have any
ideas....let me know! Carolyn

Any help here???

Steve Winer