[IP] RE: Adult Question

Samantha Rohwer wrote:
> I have recently discovered a problem.  At night
> when my husband and I are . . . "intimate" my blood
> sugar starts to drop.  I have woke up more than one
> morning with low bs.  Someone suggested that I just
> lower my bolus for the last thing I eat.  The problem
> is I don't want to have to plan it.

I handle this several ways.  Disconnecting from the pump before sex (which I
DON'T always do -- my last girlfriend even joked "this is better than a
leash" ;-) ) helps, because there's that much less basal entering my system.
Lowering the basal rate when I reconnect.

The other option I use, is to just eat afterwards.  Or during, even -- work
the food into the fun ;-)

--Greg                      http://www.pobox.com/~gregleg/
"Never apply a Star Trek solution to a Babylon 5 problem."