[IP] Day 1 of Pumping Completed!!

Hi everyone!

Well yesterday morning (Wed.) the trainer from MiniMed showed up at my place
for 8 a.m. By 8:50 I had my first SofSet inserted and was pumping insulin.
She stayed with me going over more info. until about 12:30. During that time
we checked BS and all was looking good. I went into work for the afternoon
and when I got back home about 6:30 I was in the low 70s. I called her and
told her that earlier I had gone down to about 53 and ate some glucose tabs.
She had me cut back my basal rate from 1.0 u/hr. to .9 u/hr. After dinner
and by bedtime I was at 108. I awoke at 3 am to a reading of 138 and a 139
when I got up at 5:30 this a.m.

I spoke with her at lunch time today and she says things are sounding good.
My reading 2 hrs after break was 101 and 106 just before lunch. I hope the
ride of insulin pumping stays this smooth. I never had numbers this good
when I was taking 4-5 shots a day.

My best to all of you!

Bob Urquhart with his new MiniMed 508C in blue!