[IP] ahh the olden days

Roselea wrote
> remember when Monoject syringes each came in their own little plastic
>  container.  This was before they went to the paper

oh GOD yes!!!  I went to Europe for 7 weeks the summer after high school in
1981.  Do the math...7 weeks times 7 days in a week = 49, times 2 shots per
day = 98, plus a "few" extra = 115!!!

Can you IMAGINE the thoughts that went through the head of the x-ray security
person at the airport who watched THAT bag of syrninges in my backpack go
through the machine???  Not to mention I had to carry a THERMOS, a box of
graham crackers and a jar of peanut butter, just IN CASE  I couldn't find
anything else I wanted to eat

I will say this, it did WONDERS for teaching me how to pack...more than half
my pack was full of diabetes crap.  As the days dwindled on my vacation, the
room in my backpack for souvenirs expanded.

3 years ago, when I went to France for 6 weeks, I used the same backpack, but
brought a LOT more clothes this time.  Don't need to tote the thermos or the
peanut butter or graham crackers anymore (I prefer to treat lows with pain au
chocolat when "en France")

who needs a real vacation desperately!

and plastic wrappings.