Re: [IP] when is it D - readings over 200 at any time (IMHO)

What I was saying was that any BG numbers over 200 is diabetes.  Regardless of the
desire to continue to swim in a river in Egypt (denial!!!!!!!)

Since I am not a doctor, I will never be in the position to tell someone that.

Yes the cutoff has been moved lower for a diagnosis of diabetes.  The way I read
what the ADA says, there is no other diagnosis available when the readings are
over 200.

Ginny Kloth wrote:

> I understand what you are saying but the American Diabetes Association has
> changed thier number to be 126 for a diagnosis for diabetes.
> You may wish to check up on this. By the time the numbers are in the 200
> for a while kidney and other damage may begin. Remember this is a silent
> killer and technology has changed and the ADA has changed thier number:)
> BTW- I still use syringes to give myself once in awhile when needed and to
> give myself B12 shots. I am not afraid of needles.

I don't like needles, BUT I have chosen to give all boluses and BG corrections
using them with H.  I am/was unwilling to "fight" with the pump.... meaning
changing the sets more often than I am or continuousing looking for the "right
answer" or "fix".

Jim S.
email @ redacted