[IP] Donating blood in Rhode Island

I read on someone's posting Rhode Island's limitations on blood donation. I
have tried to donate blood in Rhode Island for the last 5 yrs, since I have
been old enough to, and every time I go to the blood bank, they turn me
away.  They tell me that any diabetic on insulin is not able to donate. They
say nothing about being on bovine insulin. How would I go about trying to
donate? I am especially set on being able to donate and help save someone's
life, because a woman I know just had a baby three months early, and the
baby desperately needs a blood donation. Unfortunately, she has the rarest
blood type, and the New England area is out of AB- blood. Although I do not
think I am AB-, I want to know that I may be able to help someone, just like
someone with this blood type may be able to help save this baby.  Kelly