Subject: Subject: [IP] IP: storage of supplies question

----- Original Message -----
> Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 01:51:39 -0400
> From: "John Bowen and Nancy Morgan" <email @ redacted>
> Subject: Subject: [IP] IP:  storage of supplies question
> I agree with Sharon that the wrappers on the resevoirs take up way too
> space - but once you open them, the sterility of the resevoir is no longer
> guaranteed.  I think it's worth putting up with the plastic to be sure
> you're not infusing germs along with your insulin *sigh*
> Nancy Morgan

I've just gotta add my 2 cents here.  Although space is not a problem for
me, and I have not even thought about taking the resevoirs out of the
wrappers, Didn't those syringes we all used for years just come tossed in a
box?  I never got an infection from one of those......  I think as long as
you properly clean the site area, and use sterile technique there shouldn't
be a problem.