Re: [IP] when is it D

In a message dated 7/18/00 4:06:55 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< Can anyone tell me what the scale is for people to test for diabetes. My
 neighbor had me check her blood and she came in at 136. Is that a normal
 number for a non diabetic? >>

Depends on when the reading was taken. Hers are non-diabetic ranges, from the
Joslin Center:

Goal                                                         Non-diabetic
blood sugar ranges

Before breakfast                                                  60 - 110

Before lunch, supper, and bedtime snack               60 - 120
One hour after meals                                        less than or
equal to 140

Two hours after meals                                       less than or
equal to 120

2:00 am - 4:00 am                                            greater than or
equal to 70

Jan (and Elvis)