Re: [IP] Re: Giving blood

Jim wrote:

>>Just after they said diabetics could give blood I had to have a surgical
procedure which while minor I wanted to have an "emergency" pint on hand.
Red Cross said it didn't matter that it was autologous I was diabetic and
could not give. I was finally able to negotiate a note from my doctor in
order to give my pint.<<

While I've not checked lately to donate, about 6 years ago, I had somewhat
major surgery and donated blood for myself, in case I needed it, at our
local Red Cross.  There was no problem for me donating for myself, this was
when the Aids fear was still quite big and people were encouraged to donate
blood for themselves.