[IP] help for dx'ing T2

A coworker asked me this morning what symptoms of diabetes are.  He said he
had all of them, so i checked his blood sugar.  It was 467.  I checked again
and it was 425.  He'd eaten a donut not long before.  When he called his Dr.
he was told not to worry, it was probably the donut, and to wait to come in
until after his business trip next week!  He has been feeling awful, and
thinks his vision has changed recently, so i thought his dr. should have
been much more concerned.  He did make an appointment for this friday, but i
was hoping to give him some guidance in the meantime, especially since i
already suspect his dr. won't take it seriously enough.  Can anyone point me
towards a good website, or offer suggestions for helping him?  Please
respond to me personally, since i receive the digest version and it takes a
little time to get messages.  My email is
email @ redacted  Thank you very much.