Re: [IP] Re: Giving blood

At 11:48 PM 7/17/00 -0500, you wrote:
>After 30+ years of Dm and believing that things were the same as
>when I was dxed,  I heard that they would take blood from a

Just after they said diabetics could give blood I had to have a surgical
procedure which while minor I wanted to have an "emergency" pint on hand.
Red Cross said it didn't matter that it was autologous I was diabetic and
could not give. I was finally able to negotiate a note from my doctor in
order to give my pint.