[IP] Re: Giving Blood

I was told by United Blood Services (a private non-profit blood
collecting corporation here in New Mexico) that they would not accept
blood from anyone who uses syringes (used or not).  So, NIDDM/Type 2s
could donate if they were otherwise healthy, but IDDM/Type 1s could not.
Folks who used heroin could not.  Sounded like a reasonable public health
precaution, so I didn't argue.

I'll call the Red Cross and find out the new guidelines.  I'll be proud
to donate again if they'll let me.

FWIW, there's been a terrible shortage of type O lately.  Give if you
can.
John
mailto:email @ redacted