[IP] Update on Paul

Hi, all,

Just wanted to update everyone on Paul, who pumped saline for about two weeks
and has been pumping insulin since Wednesday.

We experienced some lows the first day on .2 basals so they dropped this
basals to .1 across the board. Almost immediately after that, he started to
experience highs that got progressively worse without major corrections.
Today (our sixth day pumping) they gave us permission to pop up his basals to
.2 across the board at about 1 p.m. and we have seen AWESOME numbers ever
since (70s to 170s). I am sure we will do a lot of tweaking but we're on our
way!!! WOOO HOOO!

A footnote: We went to the movies Sunday night and Paul said to me on the way
home, You know, mom, it is so cool to not have to have a shot this entire day.

My incredibly responsible awesome kid gets just a tiny part of his childhood
back. Now THAT is awesome.

Janice proud mom of Paul, DX 20 months, now 6 and pumping since Wednesday.