[IP] RE: Storing insulin

On my last visit to my Diabetes clinic, the PA I see told my CDE that she
had received a notice from Lilly that all insulin (opened or not) would only
last 28 days outside of the refrigerator, and opened - only 28 days inside
or outside of the refrigerator.  If the seal is not broken, the bottles will
last longer than 28 days - but only if kept chilled.

I would not worry about a few hours outside of the refrigerator.  A few days
is another matter.