[IP] Re: Giving blood

Recently Kathy asked:

> Has anyone given blood?  If so, did it affect your bs's?  When I went to the
> Bloodmobile this morning, apparantly I was the first one on an insulin pump
> to ask if I could donate.  They seemed to think that it was okay as long as
> my bs's were stable.

Wow! Whenever I've tried to give blood, in three different cities, I was
told they would not take blood from diabetics. Have things changed? I'll
have to give it another try and see what happens.

If anyone else has succeeded in doing so, and has anything interesting to
report about it (reactions of the blood-suckers... ah, I mean, the
phlebotomist and the medical team; wavers you had to sign; any other
obstacles) would you share it with the rest of us? Thanks!

Keith Johnson
Fleischmann Planetarium
email @ redacted
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

P.S. Yes, I know I probably misspelled the title of the person with the
needle. My spell-checker is pretty ignorant.