RE: [IP] Giving Blood

I was always turned down when I tried to donate blood (many years ago) as
soon as I mentioned that I had diabetes.  I asked my endo why I couldn't
donate blood and he said there was no reason, that the people handling the
donating just didn't know much about diabetes.  He also told me that by the
time they're done with the blood, they've taken so much out of it, it
shouldn't make any difference whether you have diabetes or not.  BTW, when I
had surgery, I was able to donate blood for myself at our local American Red
Cross.  I did this, and didn't suffer any ill effects from it.

RoseLea and Max... will check into the next blood drive...