RE: [IP] Re: Giving Blood

John Kinsley [mailto:email @ redacted] wrote:

> I would think giving blood would affect your HbA1c.  Your
> body will replace
> the glycated cells with new ones and skew the results of your
> next test
> lower.

But that would just be an indication that your HbA1c *is* lower -- and it is
the HbA1c that is prognostic of complications.  Hey! Maybe you've hit on
another reason why diabetics *should* donate blood as another way we can add
to control!  8-)

Seriously, though, I doubt that it would be enough to skew the results
outside of the statistical range . . . but I could be wrong.

Jim Handsfield
mailto:email @ redacted OR
mailto:email @ redacted