Re: [IP] Re: insurance

In a message dated 7/16/00 9:53:44 AM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

 My lousy *&^%#! [insert unprintable words] allows 3 strips/day.  Three!
 I might as well go back to peeing in a cup.
 Last round with the insurance I asked for 10-12 strips (thinking they' >>
My insurance company said the same thing. I had my doctor write a letter of
medical necessity and they are now covering up to 8 strips a day.
I also had the problem of using to many supplies, ie. the sofset tubing,
carttridges. as I go thrugh a cartridge a day,and I have to change my site
minimum of every 2 days due to reddness, and site becoming hard. Again, all
the Doctor had to do was write a letter of medical necessity, explaining why.
 I have no problems with the coverage now.

DianeH  type2 since 1995, on pump since 12/99 mm508