Re: [IP] When you begin pump question

On Sun, 16 Jul 2000, susanne wrote:
> or eat meals at a certain time.  Three weeks into it, we still don't quite have
> the basals or boluses nailed down yet, but today was much better.
> Does anyone have any suggestions on trying to nail these down with a child that
> is still honeymooning?  Her pattern the last 3 1/2 years is no pattern as to
> when and which day her body makes a surge of insulin.  I sure wish that I had a

It is actually easier when honeymooning since the insulin production
remaining will adjust for small errors in basal rates. Your best bet is
to rigorously follow the profiling instructions in Pumping Insulin or in
the web site howto's. Make sure you can duplicate the data and set the
basals accordingly.