[IP] Pumping & surgery

Thanks for that detailed account of your experience with surgery and the
pump.  It sounds like you had very good control throughout and what a boon
that all is.

I recently had outpatient surgery on my foot and found the anesthesologist
very receptive to my taking responsibility for my diabetes with the pump.
He understood that I knew much more about my own system than he ever could.
I came out well controlled and much the better for it.  You need a certain
type of doctor to let you do that.  I was lucky and it sounds like you were